Thursday, October 1, 2015

The thing about cosmetics // Battle of the cleansers



There's been all this hype on water cleansers since last year. So why not try it out? The Bioderma Sensibio H2O has a huge cult following but it is on the pricier end. Sadly, I cannot justified spending that much money on a cleansing solution. I did, however, "seek" for affordable make up removers, which were available in the Asian market.


First up - Colour Combo's Hydrating MakeUp Remover. It retails for MYR $ 35.90 (200ml - NZD $ 12.00) in Sasa stores.

I bought this after it was recommended by one of the salesperson at Sasa stores in Malaysia. I've told her that I had acne-prone, sensitive skin that could breakout from products easily.

 The bottle describes it as a "Perfect solvent for make-up, this two-phase, odorless makeup remover creates a very delicate film that moisture the skin and leaves a light and silky feeling on it." Before using it, you have to give it a good ol' shake. Dab it with a cotton pad and then gently wipe it over your face until your makeup is removed. Finally, rinse your face with water.

The solution itself is made out of transparent sitting on top of blue aqua solution. It is not 'odorless', it does have a medicated rose scent to it. Eventough it is said that it is suitable for all skin type, there is a sticker on top of it saying that it is suitable for dry and sensitive skin. It seems to be an oil/aqua-based make up remover. I bought this in hopes that it will hydrate my face, but it actually is too oily for me. I had to rinse my face several times.

Rating : 2.5/5
Verdict : It is a decent make up remover, but I think this cleanser's routine is time-consuming. Stick with a make up cleansing gel/oil instead. You won't need to use any cotton pads for that.



Next - PureVivi's Cleansing Lotion. I ordered it from Tokyoninki.com while I was in Malaysia. It was MYR $ 88.00 (Around NZD $15 ea) for 2 bottles (500ml ea).

All you need to do is apply the solution onto cotton pads and wipe your make up until it is completely removed. Easy-peasy. Really convenient if you don't feel like bringing yourself to the bathroom/sink to remove your makeup. This will also contribute to your laziness.

It is super-duper hydrating, affordable and removes makeup easily. It does not irritate my skin. The only downside is the part where you will be using up tons of cotton pads if you have heavier make-up on your face. Plus, these cleansers have to stop claiming that they do not have 'perfume' or odor - pisses me off. Yes, it's actually written on their label. It does have a medicated cleanser-ish smell to it.

Rating : 4.8/5
Verdict : I have not tried the Bioderma's Sensibio, so I can't claim that this is a exact dupe for it. But if you're looking for a Micellar Water Makeup Remover, this is your (safe)best bet!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 JoJo talks and sings, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena