Thursday, July 18, 2013

The thing about pop culture : University Magazines

I decided to pick up my university's magazine.

That was a bad idea.

It is exactly the embodiment of pop culture - drugs, alcohol, sex and more sex. And often women with not much clothing on, leaving little to imagine.

I can take crudity but the thing is, it gets boring once it is used over and over. And honestly, to the point of disgusting my insides. Like, if I could describe my feelings, I would totally vomit all my intestines out and my intestines are pretty long.

The magazine does not represent most of us students, let alone represent what the students are thinking about or even want to read about. Do you think all we think about is partying/drinking all day and getting some sexy time?That's just entirely crap. Hats off to you. All those stuff makes me wonder whether university students are oblivious to their surroundings.

In the magazine's defense, some of the articles that are underrated does not appear on magazine, are on their site. Those are surprisingly bearable. I think the the editing team should balance it up and switch it up.

Of course, I did some diggin' around and found this.

Why didn't the editors put a disclaimer of some sort to clear things up? That was a pretty fail. Or are they running out of ideas to generate humor?

What a trollin' magazine. One thing's for sure, they've just lost a reader. Honestly, I don't think they mind as long as the money comes rolling in.

How are your university's magazines like?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 JoJo talks and sings, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena